Monday 26 July 2021

BABY CORN





We can grow our own baby corns in grow bags.
It is a great fun to grow baby corn plant and very pleasure to see every long radiant leaf. It is blissful to see the baby corns in every node.

This is the first trial in my terrace garden. I learnt that baby corn had grown in a growbag with simple steps.



I am not using seedling trays to germinate the baby corn seeds. I simply filled the grow bag 18"×9" with soil mix as follows;

Red soil  30%
Vermi compost 20%
Cocopeat 20%
Neem cake powder 15%
Organic compost 15 %


Watered the soil for 5 days and let the grow bag
exposed to sunlight. This is for growth of microbial multiplication and thereby the soil becomes more fertilizer.




I made 1.5 inch hole  in the soil and sow 2 baby corn seeds. This is known as backup seed that is, few seeds may not germinate. The seed that is aggressive will germinate into healthy sapling.



The baby corn sapling grew very well with full exposed sunlight throughout the day. I irrigated
the sapling with fresh water two times. morning and evening.
 

 It requires constant moisture and sunlight to grow healthy.

I added rock phospate 2 tablespoons around the plant in every 15 days once.

No pest control needed because I chose Summer season to grow this corn.

The baby corn plant had grown rapidly into 4 feet and produce tassel on the top head.

Small and tender baby corns development into the leaf base. I observed daily the growth of baby corns.








The light green hairs above the baby corn turned shiny brown hairs  and 6 inches height. I gently twisted the corn and harvested the first baby corn.

I peeled away the outer skins I got surprised to see the beautifully compacted baby corn. 
I enjoyed the corn and felt blessed to have every heavenly bites.

Thanks mother nature!😍🥰😇😇🙏


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hibiscus/Shoe flower